Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Testimony: The Call





How it all Happened: The Call

Blessings,
As I wrote in my intro page, I was called to speak and sing God's word.
I was about in my early twenties when I heard audibly the voice of God. It happened at a Youth Rally at a Defenders of the Christian Faith Convention. We were praying in a gymnasium and people were being delivered and I was on my knees praying by myself and then all of sudden I heard a voice tell me "I not only want you sing my word but I also want you to speak it as well ".
I looked around to see if someone was saying this to me but I was alone, all I could see were youth crying and praying. So I knew it was from God. I struggled and I said I couldn't, I literally was turning down this amazing calling on my life. I did not say No because I was embarassed I said No because I did not know what to say, I was shy when it came to speaking to the public. Everytime I would sing I would give the title of the song and start singing. But then we came to this powerful yet gentle audible voice in my ear.
All I remember was crying and saying I couldn't until finally I surrendered.
Before that convention was over one of my former pastors in Chicago from Liberty Christian Center came up to me and said "When we get back to Chicago I want you to bring the word to the congregation at our prayer meeting". From there it was confirmed, the calling was obeyed and my first preaching was tiltled "Rejoice in Your Sufferings.
That word was very real yet deep and difficult to speak because it had to do with the deaths of my family members and how the Lord allowed them to reconcile with him before they passed and how the Lord healead us and gave us peace through those storms.
I am very pleased to share these inspirational messages with those who need and want to read them. I pastored with my Husband in Boston for 3 years and there the Lord would equip me to share these messages of hope and salvation with everyone.
Now, I would like to share these messages with you and I pray they would touch your life.
I will begin to post these messages on my blog as time goes on.
May God bless you and remember obedience is greater than sacrifice!!!
Marian Marrero


1 comment:

  1. I now am sharing God's word through song and through music in my ministry today.
    Thank you to all the churches and pastors that support me and you the readers and listners of my music...

    ReplyDelete